Follow the label directions. How many times have I heard this, and how many times have I said this in CEU courses for pesticide applicators? Unfortunately, the most important lessons are sometimes the ones we get so used to that we forget to heed.
I don't know if that was the reason a Utah fumigator placed Phostoxin pellets in a rodent burrow too close to a home. Or whether it was disbelief that the pesticides that we work so closely with on a daily basis would really sicken (or in this case, kill) a customer. Whatever the reason, failing to observe the directions on a pesticide label led to the deaths of two beautiful Utah children, and there was no excuse.
I think all of us who work with pesticides owe it to ourselves, our employees and our customers to read the reports about the final disposition of the Utah pest control operator originally charged with negligent homicide in the death of the two children.
Exterminator Given Probation-Fox 13 Salt Lake City
Parents Speak Out - Salt Lake City Tribune